Monday, March 24, 2008

Our Love Story

I know I said I refuse tags- and seriously this IS my last one I will do- I promise, but my sis-in-law tagged me, and although I can't remember half the details for most the questions, I am doing it, my memory will only get worse from here on out, so I might as well document what's left in my pathetic brain!

1. Where did you meet?
Lonny and I met at the MCC Institute of Religion. He had just returned home from a mission, and I had just graduated from High School. We had many mutual friends, and were just hanging out together in a big group.

2.What was the first thing you said to him?
OK- this question requires too much detail. We obviously didn't have "fireworks" in the beginning, so I really don't remember the first time I saw him or what I said. I just remember him being alot of fun and easy to talk to.
3. Where was your first date?
Again, I honestly do not remember, I'll have to look back in my journals, I'm sure it is documented in there somewhere. Some of our early dates were Trolley rides around Mesa, one day he called and told me to get dressed kind of nice, and when to be ready. When he showed up, he had a dozen roses and tickets to the Neil Diamond concert that night. Another time, he told me to grab a loaf of bread that he was coming to pick me up. He picked me up and we went to Freestone Park and he had a little picnic on a blanket and then we fed the ducks. It was the first night we really talked and talked about anything and everything, I think this was when I realized I really cared about him more than just a friend.

4. Where was your first kiss?
If it wasn't at my front door (because, again, I really don't quite remember) then it was at the above mentioned park date. I remember feeling like this guy really likes me and I really like him. We were such good friends before we were ever romantically connected, that those feelings were almost unexpected!

5. How long did you date?
OK, minus the 4 year marriage he had, we dated from 1988 to 1997 when we were married. It's a crazy dating story, with many ups and downs, and confusion, and good times. But we both know if we have survived all that and we are still together, than we can survive anything!
6. Where did you get engaged?
We got engaged in his home in Utah in front of a fire early one morning. I had gone to Utah to be with him for Christmas, my first Christmas away from home. We went to Colorado to meet up with his family. I was with him when he bought my ring, but I told him I wasn't wearing it until he asked me. He held onto it for a few days. Finally, one morning, he set up a fire and some blankets and pillows and we were talking and he finally asked me.

7. When were you married?
We were married June 7, 1997. We were not able to marry in the Temple due to his recent divorce. The morning before we were married, we took photos around the Temple, and then went into the Temple and did sealings. They thought we were married, and we even got to kiss each other.... as proxy's, but it was still special. We were sealed July 18, 1998 when Macy was about 5 weeks old. Taylor and Macy were both able to be in there, and that is a day I will never forget!
8. How did your reception go?
June can get a little warm in Arizona. And it was everyday leading up to our wedding day, but the day of our wedding a little storm came in and it was actually a cool day and perfect evening. Our reception was held at Ed and Joanne Singleton's backyard. Many friends and Young Women helped in the kitchen. Debbie Stapley, JoMarie Woolf, and my mom, and I'm sure many others, helped with the decorations. It was beautiful, and I truly felt like a Princess!

9. How was your honeymoon?
Norm and Miriam King gave us the keys to their cabin in Pinetop. We loved the peace and quiet of the outdoors. It was a much needed break from all the craziness leading up to the Wedding.


The best part of our love story was yet to come though!






10. I tag Aimee, Missy, Sheba, Carrie, Kanoe, Jyl, and K.C.

7 comments:

Suzy Cummard said...

Wende- I am the worst blogger. I haven't looked at yours since you started adding posts probably! I am a bit behind!
I love the love story! SO cute.

I loved reading the post about your brother in-law, too. He totally deserved that! How awesome.

Are you making some Bead DIVA stuff, yet? If not- better get goin'! I am so excited that you are at least trying! E-mail me with any ?'s you have!

kcaimee said...

I'm glad you tagged me because I loved this post. What a great story. I'll have to work on ours later because baseball is running my life this week! The coach (my husband) is pretty demanding - LOL!!

kcaimee said...

The Celine Dion song playing on your blog is "our" song!!

Becky said...

I remember the day you were married...but I don't think Kent wanted his family to know he had a serious girlfriend, so I wasn't allowed to accompany him. I had no idea you knew Lonny for so long!! That is a sweet story...w/ a happy ending.....awwwww!

☂niki. said...

Thanks for doin that nin. That was fun to read! I loved seeing those old pics of you guys that I had never seen before!

Sheba Price said...

Okay Wende, I thought I left a comment on this blog post a long time ago! I don't know where it went! I wanted to tell you that I love your story and I love the pics of your family. I also did this tag before and it is in one of my older post but thank you for thinking of me!

The Kennedy Family said...

do you really miss tayler