Sunday, June 29, 2008

Welcome Home Taylor!

Taylor missed the last 2 days of school in Idaho so she could get here in time to go on a 26 mile Pioneer Trek with our Stake. She was only 1 of 4 girls in our Ward who made the committment to go. I was really proud of her for going.
Jackie Hsu, Hannah Byers, Taylor, and Kathy Hsu

Here are some questions I had her answer (for the record)....

Did you like wearing Pioneer clothing? When it was cold YES. When it was hot NOO.



What was your Trek family like? Well, my ma was always making life comfortable for others no matter where it put her. My pa was the encourager. My brothers (Cody, Easton, and Kelton) were the strong ones. My sister Heidi was strong and popular, Grace sort of did her own thing and Kendall was always talking with the boys.



What did you do to pass the time as you walked, and walked, and walked, AND walked? Mostly I thought and thunk and thought some more. Sometimes about pioneers, sometimes about music actually a lot about music. Also Grace, Heidi, and I sung a lot of songs (mostly disney) and Ma. We also talked a lot. President Riggs passed and we asked him what his favorite song was and found out that his favorite disney character is King Loui.



Tell us about the food you ate and how you cooked it? The food was magically filling and that was good enough for me. But the only food we 'cooked' was a PBJ.



What was your favorite thing about the Trek? Game day. You see we didn't just walk and walk and walk. The third day we had a game day and it was the bomb. That day we had chocolate cake bonus.



What did you learn about the Pioneer's? They were stronger physically then I thought.



What was your most memorable Spiritual Highlight? When we read the letters sent from home.



Was it worth missing the last 2 days of school? Heck yes! I'd do it again in a heart beat!

Here is what she looked like when I picked her up 3 days later at the Church- STILL SMILING!!


And then, 10 days after the Trek, she left for Girls Camp. She missed a lot of the getting ready stuff for Camp, but luckily I was the Camp Director for our Ward. It was so fun to be with her at Camp. Taylor gets along with everyone, and makes friends with everyone. She is always smiling, and never complains.

Arriving at camp, the buses broke down and they were on the HOT bus with no A/C for about 2 hours, then the buses had to drop them off a 1/2 mile from Camp. You'd never know by the look on Tay Tay's face!


Taylor in the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Camp Pants" (Taylor and Hannah designed these and they each took a turn, along with Hannah's mom wearing them one day at camp!)

Humanitarian Project Class

There was no stopping Taylor at the water hole. The "Arizona" in her really comes out when she is around water, she went down rock slides, jumped off rocks, and the water was FREEZING!

Hope you had fun on all your Church Adventures, but we are glad they are all over and we get to finally hang out with you!!

14 comments:

April Garvin said...

How fun for her!! I did something like that and it was a blast! You learn so much and it will stay with her forever!

Wende - I cant wait to move to Arizona (even though I compain about how hot it is) so I can see you guys more often! I miss all of you worthen cousins! I am excited we are close for Sunday dinners! I love you all so much!

Medina's said...

I can't believe how big Taylor and all of the kids are getting. I need you to teach piano lessons again, even if it's just to see everyone :) Jacob was so excited to see BoBo again at PPP. It was good to see you too.

steph j. said...

Our ward did a trek too and I have enjoyed hearing about all the stories. It was fun reading about Taylor's expierence, I can't believe how grown up she is! I leave for girls camp in two weeks and I look foward to the day we get to leave, I want to be done with the preperation part.

steph j. said...

Ok so after I read this post I scrolled down and had to read all the posts that I have missed, the last post I saw of your was your Mothers Day post, so I had a lot to catch up on. How many activities are your kds in? I love that they like to do so many different things. Kenna was in dance a couple of years ago and didn't want to do it anymore and so just yesterday I asked her she wanted to start going again and she told me no...I wish she would. It looks like you have had a great summer so far, very busy! Love the new family picture too!

☂niki. said...

i love taylor. she is such a sweetheart and so pleasant to be around. how is her novel coming along? i hope she is still working on it because i am looking forward to reading it!

Melissa said...

I love this Taylor post!! I can't believe how grown up she is and looks. I can't wait to see everyone @ the beach...ps..are you bringing a good book? any advice other than the twilight series? I have my eyes on a couple.

Kat Thomas said...

WOW! In the 6th picture, Taylor is literally GLOWING! Haha Taylor is so great! She's always energetic and fun! It's always great to hang out with someone as bright and happy as her!

PS I love the layout of this blog!

harmon family said...

Hey this is Melissa Farnsworth HArmon. I was at the bead party the other night. My friend didn't get to come that night and was bummed so she said she wanted to talk to you about having a party. Email me at melissaharmon@hotmail.com

thanks- p.s. cute family:)

Mindy said...

WOW looks like so much fun!Sometimes I miss those times!!

Becky said...

So fun wende!! I don't know how you do it all and keep up with everything!! You're amazing. I love your family pic at the top of the page.

Brittany LeSueur said...

Hey!!! Wow Taylor has grown up so much!!! Well, all of your kids have!! I can't believe how beautiful your girls are getting. And brigdon is so grown!!! It's crazy!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Cute pics, Wende! Hey! I tried to leave a comment for Becky. Tell her I was freaked out about the Purple Dress post and tell her my new blog address. I like getting comments from her. Have I even ever met her? Make sure she is invited to the Friday Night Soiree when we come into town. Weird that we are so out of touch these days--sad, rather.

Anyway... we are all excited to see you and Friday works great.

See you then.

Anonymous said...

Wende, not sure if you are going to get this post, so I will run it by your mom as well. Wanted to let you know that a friend of mine who designs blogs, cards, etc. has featured your fam on one of her Christmas card designs. It's at http://www.very-inviting.net/
go to cards, and I believe you guys are the last one in the bottom right hand corner. Im also trying to get ahold of Missy to let her know her fam. is featured, but you can't leave comments on her blog, will you let her know?

Melisa said...

Yes it is still available. We are asking 1800. Let me know if he is interested. 4 bedrooms, with a loft, 2700 sq. feet. Saturday would work better?