Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June, 2008

I know- don't be shocked, but here's my feeble attempt to update and get caught up. If you know me, you know I can't just start with today, I have to begin where I left off from the last post- or else it would drive me nuts!
Happy Birthday to my baby girls!
On June 7 and June 10th- they turned 9 and 10! They were born a year and 3 days apart, but at the time and looking back to that time of life, it all feels like a big blur. Macy came on our 1st Wedding Anniversary. She was a week over due, so when they scheduled us to come in to be induced on June 6, I thought- crazy, I will have a baby before our first Anniversary. But, they kept telling us all day that there were no rooms available and to only eat a light breakfast, then a light lunch, then finally at 6pm they let us come down and get started. My labor was about 6 hours- just after midnight and on the very day we were married just one year earlier. She came out with the biggest light blue eyes you have ever seen. I wasn't expecting blue eyes, but it was a fun surprise. She was always happy and easy going. I began training her to walk at 10 months old because we knew here sister would be here shortly and I wanted her to be walking before Kaitlyn arrived. Kaitlyn was due the end of June. We had just celebrated Macy's 1st birthday, and a few days earlier I was wakened about 2am not feeling so good. After about a half hour of thinking I had to be on the toilet, we finally started timing the episodes and realized they were happening every 5 minutes and that I was probably in labor. (Remember with Macy I never felt that, had to be induced- so this was a new experience for me). We called the doctor because I wasn't due for 10 days and I went a week overdue with Macy and he said to go ahead and go down. Thanks goodness that was his advice. If he would have told me to sit it out and wait I probably would have, but by the time we got to the hospital, it was pretty bad and I was having to stop in the hallways as we were trying to get up to the labor and delivery floor. I think I was a 6 when we arrived, they barely had time to give me some "happy juice" as I like to call it, and she was born just over an hour of being there. It was a very emotional time for me, I felt so much love for Kaitlyn, and felt so bad that I had just abandoned Macy. She was still so little. But she loved her sister and her sister loved her. Today, despite the occasional fighting (sometimes it is more often than not!) they are friends and I love knowing they will always have each other. I come from a family with the best mom in the world, she's just got it, Spiritual, but crazy and fun, she lifts me up, is the most patient with me and my quirks, and has always been there for me, then there are my 4 sisters. Each so different, yet we all have so much in common. I love these relationships, and now that I have 3 daughters of my own, I want to be the mother my mother is to me, and I want each of my daughters to cherish each other as much as I cherish my own sisters. Sorry- didn't mean to get sappy, but remember, this my Family's journal- deal with it!

Here are some highlights of their Skateland Birthday Party....

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love sappy -- and I feel the same way about my mom and sisters.