Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fun Ship, Carnival Cruise, October 19-26, 2007




Our friends, Alice and John Nuckols, had emailed us earlier in the year about this great deal of cruise. So we paid for it without really looking much into it. I was even a little negative about going because I get sooooo motion sickness- yes even to this day. (For those who have known me since I was little, this has been very evident- I pretty much would barf every trip to the lake, father-daughter outings, even to Fiesta Mall I would get sick!!) Anyways, I totally recommend it, the money you spend for what you get is phenomenal! We had Hilary and her friend Shawnda watching the kids at home, which was so perfect. They are already like my kids mothers and it was just so nice not to have to worry about the kids. We ended up not having phone usage on the cruise, which I was unaware of until we actually got on the cruise. So I felt bad that we didn't keep in contact with them. Some friends of the Nuckols brought their lap top and were able to call home using an internet program (which was sooo much cheaper- internet minutes vs cell phone minutes- no comparison). They said we were welcome to use it if we wanted to. So we finally did after being on the water about 4 or 5 days. We only talked about 5 minutes, but it was good to hear their voices. And we learned that Hilary would be getting her mission call probably the day before we got home. I was bummed I was going to miss her opening it. Anyways, the cruise I totally recommend. We did everything we could- especially the free stuff, it's kind of nerdy, but once you start playing the games, it gets kind of fun, and you really start to know some of the other people on the ship as well. Thanks to the Nuckols for letting us know about it, we had such a great time with you guys, and hope we can do it again someday! Just one more quick note, I really just wanted to tell Lonny thanks for the trip as well. I love traveling with him. He just is a good travel companion. He has the travel smarts to get around in unfamiliar places, can usually speak the language, even if he doesn't speak the language, and is just easy going and ready to do anything and try anything. I think there was one day I counted he had eaten more than 10 different kinds of meat... in ONE DAY! Is totally disgusting to me, but at the same time, I wish I had the guts to do it. (I know you're dying to know what meats they were, here it goes: Escargot, rack of lamb, caviar, salmon, veal, beef, chicken, and we totally can't remember already, but there were others!) I always feel safe being in unfamiliar places with him. I hope we have more chances and more money in the future so we can travel lots more places! I love you Lon!

1 comment: