Tuesday, January 29, 2008

No one shines brighter on this earth than our own President Gordon B. Hinckley!

I cannot in any way take credit for this post. My cousin, Becky, emailed it to me and since I hadn't done a tribute yet, I decided to share this. I especially love the last quote! I have loved so many of your tributes, they have been fun to read these past couple of days! I will miss this sweet man!




President Hinckley always uses his cane, just not much for walking.


See what I mean. He was told to carry a cane and that's what he does - he carries it.
Elder Russell M. Nelson is at far right.


Not all of us have such a fancy pointing stick as President Hinckley at the Kirtland Temple.


We marveled at the contrast of Joseph Smith's visit to the White House to meet with President Van Buren and President Hinckley's visit to the White House to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest honor given a United States citizen.
The White House, Washington, D.C.

President Hinckley said that "Sister Hinckley would have loved this event."
The White House, Washington, D.C.

You just can't help breaking into a smile when you are around Gordon B. Hinckley.
Kirtland Temple.

President Hinckley is patient with all the photographers who are constantly taking his picture. He did say to us one time, in a quiet tone , that "if all the cameras in the world were thrown into the ocean, there would be a great flood." Kirtland Temple.

Who can resist President Gordon B. Hinckley's warmth?
Kirtland Temple.


President and Sister Hinckley were just the trademark of happiness in Ghana..
No one could keep their eyes off of them. Their warmth was infectious.

Their kind waves of the hand always made everyone feel loved.

Accra, Ghana

These two are love birds, no less. Kirtland, Ohio.


I'll never forget when President Hinckley invited his precious wife to the stand in Moscow and introduced her to the 2,000 present as his "Babushka.''

It brought the house down - they loved it. Moscow, Russia.


When we first published it, one woman wrote to us and said,
"If people don't believe Mormons are Christians, just have them look at this picture of Sister Marjorie Hinckley." I so agree.
Nauvoo , Illinois.


How blessed we are to live during the administration and ministry of President Gordon B. Hinckley.
Nauvoo , Illinois.


You were generals in the War in Heaven and one day when you are in the spirit world, you will be enthralled by those you are associated with. You will ask someone in which time period they lived and you might hear,
"I was with Moses when he parted the Red Sea," or "I helped built the pyramids'" or "I fought with Captain Moroni." And as you are standing there in amazement, someone will turn to you and ask you which of the
prophets' time did you live in? And when you say "Gordon B. Hinckley" a hush will fall over every hall and corridor in Heaven, and all in attendance will bow at your presence. You were held back six thousand years because you were the most talented, most obedient, most
courageous, and most righteous.


Elder Boyd K. Packer

3 comments:

☂niki. said...

That was so tender. I love him so much! And sister hinkley too! i am so happy for them to be reunited. i will miss him very much.

the cummard family said...

SO CUTE BD! Can't wait till next Thurs. I need to come make a quick V-day neacklace, so I can take a pic and put it on my blog-I'm all about the advertising. LOL.

The Kennedy Family said...

Ninners, I loved it!!! When I was reading "Standing for Something" I would here his voice as I was reading the words in my head. I don't think I will ever forget his sweet voice.
BTW...I read every word of your post! :)