Friday, February 15, 2008

Fighting for Computer Time...3 yr old vs. Mom

So, I love computers. I love email, I love digital photography, I love it all. I would love to learn so much more, but I just tackle it all a little at a time. I know our children are going to grow up in an era where computers are everything. With that said, I really don't mind my kids getting on the computer. They know the rules and limits, and are getting better about following them. But lately, after my morning chores are done and I am ready to sit down and answer my emails, update my blog, etc... this is what I find.

Since Brody only made it to about 3 days of Preschool this year. I was told about this website www.starfall.com . I put it on our desktop so it would be easy for him to find. I have noticed a couple of times that he was on this particular site, but didn't pay much attention to it. Anyways, so the other day we were walking in a parking lot and I heard him say r-o-t-i-ssssssss (the sound)-i- o-vvvvv(again, the sound). I turned around and saw the word VISITOR painted on the pavement. I asked him the letters again and he knew them all. He is 3 1/2 and I have not worked with him a minute on this stuff. The next day, I went over all the letters and he knew about 20 of them. I have never had one of my kids know his letters and sounds before Kindergarten- I'm just not that type of a mom to sit down and work with them on it. I really think it had a lot to do with this web site- it is very kid friendly and interactive. He does parts of sentences, shapes, sounds, colors, parts of the body, and probably more. Go check it out!

1 comment:

kcaimee said...

Thanks for the website tip. I'm going to show it to Adam this morning!