Monday, February 11, 2008

Sorry Sweetheart

So, those of you who know me know that I am a little OCD. I like things where they are supposed to be, I CANNOT function with even the slightest clutter. I am a bit of a perfectionist/ clean freak. I like things to be right, the way they were intended to be. So, with that said, I had begun gathering the needed items for the kids school Valentines. Kanoe and Syd have been doing these cute candy cane heart Valentines, but I didn't get the "Christmas left overs" that were 9 cents a box. So I made a mental note this year after Christmas, I needed to buy candy canes for next years Valentines. But, then Syd said she had a ton and I could have them. So I went and picked up about 10 boxes of candy canes. When I got home my hubby asked what it was all for, and I explained the project to him. I had 4 piano lessons to teach, which begun as soon as I walked in the door with the candy canes. When I returned to the "project area" this is the candy canes my hubby put together for me. Now, I know, he is so wonderful for helping, but I can't handle the excess glue, that stuck to the newspaper they were drying on. Needless to say, I had to say something to him, and his "helping time" was over. I am such a jerk! I really do appreciate when he helps me with things like this, that most hubbys wouldn't even bother with. But I really wanted my hearts to be glued like this,
and so I HAD to say something! Anyways, I know sometimes he reads these at work, and I just wanted to say that I was sorry and that I really appreciate all he does for me! By the way- here is what they looked like with the cute little tags. (Again, totally not my idea- thanks to Kanoe and Syd for the cute idea and supplies!)

5 comments:

the cummard family said...

Oh Wende...those turned out SO cute. I've got to get my kids finished! I'm not exactly sure how I'm fastening on the tag yet. Thanks for the props, but really Cheryl was the master mind behind this creative idea. Can't wait till Wed-hope you got my email ;)

Denyse said...

Ha ha! I don't know what your talking about, I thought the newspaper added the perfect touch to the hearts :)I love when you said "helping time is over" Too funny....They turned out sooo cute by the way!!

steph j. said...

isn't it funny how we can be? those are really cute valentines!

kcaimee said...

Maybe I'm stepping out of line here, but I think your DH deserves a backrub, footrub or possibly both for helping out with a task that many husbands wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole, even if his efforts were less than perfect!

Anybody second that?

kcaimee said...

I'm pulling for you to win the blog makeover, even though I think your blog is already cute - Good Luck!!