Friday, February 15, 2008

Kaitlyn is a Hot Shot

This year for dance I was ready for Kaitlyn to do something a little more than just a weekly practice and a number in a recital in January and June. A new dance studio moved in right around the corner and they had one opening for a small performing group. She tried out last August, all by herself, and made it. I discussed with her the commitment it would be, more practices, couldn't miss practices when something else was going on, etc... I am real proud of her, she has missed some fun things because they were the same as a dance practice. She never complains and has worked hard on her splits, kicks, and toe touches. She is really turning into a great dancer. Here are a few photos of her latest performance. We had to wait over 4 hours from the time we got there to the time she performed. About 5 minutes before performing she came to me crying saying she didn't feel good. I was exhausted as well because I had been keeping the rest of my kids busy waiting as well, and I was going to see her dance! Needless to say, she dances, but not with even one smile! She still did good and I am really proud of her and how much she has improved this year!

1 comment:

The Kennedy Family said...

Yea Kaity-bug!
I love the costumes!