Tuesday, May 6, 2008

BYU Women's Conference

This is the first year my sisters and I have attended Women's Conference, and I don't think we will miss another. It was such a great time and I really came away feeling inspired and ready to be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. First stop, Visiting the Johnson's. Here we are with Aunt Jennifer (above) and our baby cousin, Brooke (below). We had a quick short visit with them, but many laughs were had and we were so glad to have seen them!

Besides being there as sisters, we had some good friends with us.
Juliet, Court, me, Amy, Syd, and Linds
Michelle, Juliet and Syd, waiting for our first class to start.
We went to all the Provo favorites, Pizza Factory, Kneaders, Wilkinson Center, etc...
Waiting and waiting, we did alot of this, but had fun doing it!
This was my favorite class. Mary Ellen Edmunds was the speaker. It was titled turning the MTC into a review, not a revelation. She was so inspiring and gave many ideas to help teach in your own home so that the MTC is only a review, not where you are hearing it all for the first time. She had some great ideas that I hope to implement in the near future!
But the best was yet to come! We were able to hear a Prophet speak. It was one of the highlights of my life. I can't explain how I felt when he walked into the Marriot Center, all 20,000 people immediately stood up, and someone started singing, 'We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet" and pretty soon, all 20,000 of us were singing. I could barely sing as I was so emotional.

He spoke of not letting the important things in life pass you by, but to enjoy the journey, day by day. "There is no tomorrow to remember if there isn't something today" and "Don't save something only for a special day, everyday is a special occasion."
This picture is blurry (we were asked not to use flash photography!) but as he left the meeting and was about to walk out, he turned and waved, it seemed to each and every one of us. And we all waved back. It was very touching and simple, but I will never forget the love I felt for him. He is truly a Prophet of God!
Afterwards, we wanted to get some pictures by the podium with all our gang.
You may have heard of Sherri Dew, but have you heard of Sherri Dew Merkley??
Inspiring!
I love these girls!
Is it too early to make next year's reservations?? I'm inviting a few more to join us, Mom, my sis-in-laws, Vegas Cousins and Aunt, AZ Cousins and Aunts, UT Cousins and Aunt, Kanoe, Summer K...
You won't regret it!

10 comments:

Alli Loar said...

Wende--love all the pics, I'm ready to go back already...I love all the fun times we had, so glad you guys came and we got to hang out a little bit. I love the spiritual boost I get each year..it is always when I need it! I am counting the days till next yr. I'm craving a mint brownie right about now!!

summer k said...

I'm in!!! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Mindy said...

count me in. It looks amazing!

Missy said...

HOW FUN! 2 of my sisters went...I wish I could have gone...next year! And I really want to make some jewelry before I go...or do you have any left over from the SGIA Party? All your stuff is so, so cute.

Judy/Mom said...

Thought it took pictures of all 7 of my kids together to make me cry, but I just found out it only takes you four! So thrilled you each had the opportunity to go and to go together. I am so blessed by each of you and the wonderful people that you are. I would love to go to any conference any time any where with any or all of you!

Love you forever, Mom.

the cummard family said...

can't wait till next year!

happy mothers day bd!

Sheba Price said...

Wende, so jelous that you saw my BFF Sherri Merkley! I am so glad you got to go and all of you girls look so great! I hope I get to go next year!

Crazymamaof6 said...

hey s fun! i saw you link to me now and came to see. i had so much fun at Lindsey's bead party! and everyone loved my necklace. do me a favor,and change my link to Crazymamaof6 or just crazymama-Julie.

Womens conference looks so fun! what a fun thing to so with a big group! i am dying to go sometime!

you family is so cute! love that family picture!

April Garvin said...

I am sure it was amazing! The picture look great. I was just reminded how lucky we are to have sisters.

steph j. said...

Wende, I just love how you guys are always taking these trips or whatever together. I heard wonderful things about his years conference and told my mom I want to make it a sisters weekend next year, maybe we could meet up there. I love all the pictures.